Perhaps you are planning to travel to Mumbai, considered to be the financial capital of India on a solo trip on your vacation. You need to know what you can do alone here without having to spend a fortune or taking unnecessary risks and ensure safe trip. There are indeed several things to do in Mumbai and Bandra Kurla Complex is, undoubtedly, the most visited place here. You can come across people coming from different parts of the country and the world for various reasons including for sightseeing purpose.
You can get vegetarian and non-vegetarian food here and it is indeed a foodie’s haven. Besides being tasty, it is also easily available and super cheap. You can try out the smaller stalls, which will leave you completely amazed as it is also listed on the Zomato delivery app, so that the food ordered can be delivered to any part of the city. This place is full of breakfasts, fast foods, casual dinners, fine dining and just about everything that you are sure to fall in love with.
Life changing Experience
Visiting Mumbai will mean fulfilling your dreams of visiting the commercial/financial capital of the country. This dynamic city is also home to migrants in huge numbers. Having unique vibe, you will find something interesting here that cannot be discovered elsewhere. This city is also referred to as the ‘City which never sleeps’.
Fun things to engage
- Shopping: If you are a shopping freak, then this city is perhaps the best place to be. You can come across numerous markets and shopping malls offering wide range of items to choose from, for all ages and budget. You can actually spend the whole day shopping here without feeling tired. You can visit Fashion Street to buy affordable clothing & accessories, Colaba Causeway to get hold of antiques and Chor Bazaar for super cheap items and dupes. Ranging from antiques to home décor to accessories to apparel and electronics, you can find everything here at unbelievable price range.
- Walk along the Marine Drive: You can go for a morning walk at Marine Drive and get to have a glimpse of the beautiful rising sun and experience calmness of the sea and the magical atmosphere here. You can either go during the wee hours of the morning or evening to derive that perfect view. You can walk up to Chowpatty during the evening and get to taste some awesome and delicious street food. Here, you can always come across a large crowd, with people of all ages strolling by the sea or jogging or relaxing with their family and friends.
- Irani Café: If you are tired and want to have some tea and snacks, then do visit Irani Café. You can order for classical Parsi tea along with tasty snacks. You can also relish Irani & Parsi cuisine like Irani Chai, Akuri, Dhansak, Salli Boti, etc. The other cafes in the region to visit are Café Excelsior, Yazdani Bakery, Jimmy Boy, Café Military, etc. With Irani Chai, do have Bun Maska.
- Cycling at Sanjay Gandhi National Park: Also popularly referred to as Borivali National Park, it is similar to that of Central Park at New York City. It is an open space that allows you to catch some fresh air and get away from the mad rush of the city. Cycling is a better way to explore the park and its lush green surroundings. You can visit between 7am & 6.30pm and also get a cycle here for rent. Do visit the exotic and mysterious Kanheri Caves. If there is sufficient time in hand, then go on a safari and spot a lion if lucky.
- Prithvi Theatre: If you are a Bollywood movie buff and want to check out some unique, offbeat places, then Prithvi Theatre is sure to satisfy your moods. This iconic theatre still runs full shows and watching here is definitely a unique experience, especially in today’s modern age, when Mumbai boasts of having numerous multiplexes all around the city. It is also called National Center of Performing Arts and established by Kapoor Trust. With time, it became an important place for staging shows and plays. You can get to watch live shows here and get to see the talented artists offering amazing performances. Also is shown stand-up comedy act and music gig.
- Juhu Beach: It is undoubtedly one of the most important places to be during the trip and also frequented by celebrities coming here from all over the world to indulge in that Chowpatty experience. You can get a glimpse of the beautiful sunset have delicious street food or simple gaze at the unending sea. This beach is a fabulous option, if you want to spend the time alone by yourself. You can also check out the celebrity homes close-by and if fortunate, can get to see any of the celebrities here shooting films. It is also home to numerous restaurants located close to the beach, allowing you to have excellent sea view and gorge on delicious food. You can even do yoga, cycling or just relax at this place.
- Enjoy nightlife: Since the city never sleeps, you can get to experience and indulge in the nightlife activities here. Mumbai is definitely much safer for women, who can stay alone and enjoy the night out without any worry. You can relax at the Marine Drive and have a beer, visit a club or pub and make new friends or go shopping, food marathon and much more. There are also few cafes and bars that are open all night ant organize karaoke nights.
- Vada Pav: This snack is commonly sold all over the in the city and you can find it just about everywhere, ranging from street side stalls to big restaurants. Although there are also offered wide range of snacks here, the city of Mumbai is synonymous with Vada Pav, which rather has become an iconic symbol and loved by people of all ages.
To catch the action and to stay safe, you need to choose the best hotels near Bandra Kurla Complex.