Movies Of Akshay Kumar That Crossed The 100 Crore Club Mark
Akshay Kumar is one of the versatile actors of the Indian movie industry. After the success of the movie Mission Mangal, he made it to the list of the top ten paid actors as per Forbes magazine. On comparison around 12 of his movies have made it on to the 100 + club and this means the audience has gone on to become complete gaga over this movie. Let us now go through some of his movies that have made the 100 crore club.
- Mission Mangal– this is the latest movie of the great actor and has raked in 193 crores this is the highest grossing earned movie of the actor. Jagan Shakti is the director of this movie and has Vidya Balan and Sonakshi Sinha playing important roles. This is a multi – starer movie that is directed on the Mars orbit mission
- Kesari– this movie was also released in the year 2019, and in the opening weekend itself, it crossed 100 crores. The figure touches at 151 crores. This movie is based on the true incident of the battle of Saragarhi. The plot of this movie shows the real sacrifice where 21 Sikh jawans fought against 10,000 Afghans.
- 2.0– This was one of the anticipated movies of 2018 and marked the entry of Akshay Kumar on to the South Indian cinema. This movie is a sequel to the Robot movie where Rajnikanth played an important role. This Hindi version of the movie went on to generate 185 crores. In this movie, Akshay Kumar is in a negative role. Referred to as Birdman, he comes as the protector of birds.
- Gold– In a couple of weeks, the movie made its way to the 100 + club and made history by becoming the first Hindi movie to be released in Saudi Arabia. The plot of the movie revolves around a fictional plot cantered around the London Olympics of 1948
- Toilet- Ek Prem Katha– this movie released in the year 2017 and roughly made around 135 crores. The movie was directed by Narayan Singh and had a huge opening in China. The plot of the movie revolved around the sanitation efforts directed by the prime minister of India Narendra Modi
- JollyLLB 2– This movie also did release in the year 2017 and went on to showcase the timing of Akshay Kumar. Suresh Kumar is the director of this movie and is an apt display of screenplay with humor.
- Airlift– Released in the year, 2016, and directed by Raja Krishna Menon this movie is something that you can hardly afford to give a miss. The plot of the movie revolves around the Gulf war where the invasion of Kuwait took place in 1990.
- Holiday– A soldier is never off duty- Directed by A. R. Murugadoss this movie is considered to be a complete thriller. This movie happened to rake in around 112 crores. This action packed movie revolves around a group of military officers who in spite of being on a vacation are on duty. They try to track down the activities of the terrorist group so as to disengage them completely
- Rustam– This is Akshay Kumar’s other Patriotic Movie. This movie is based on a Naval Officer who is charged under killing Vikram Makhija who was a lover of Rustam’s wife. The role of Rustam’s wife is played by Ileana D’Cruz. Esha Gupta also has an important role in the movie. This movie has earned 210.32 Crore Indian rupees.
- Rowdy Rathore– As the name of the movie says it all, Rowdy Rathore is a great combination of comedy, action, fighting, melodrama, love, and everything that you look in a movie. A full packed entertainment movie Rowdy Rathore has earned 206 Crore Indian Rupees. Akshay Kumar is in the lead with the double role and Sonakshi Sinha is in his main female role.
- Padman– Padman is an inspirational movie, which offers moral education to the viewers and also gives good entertainment. Move already have crossed the 100 crore mark with the earning of 207 crore Indian rupees. In this movie, a man Lakshmikant Chauhan played by Akshay Kumar brings low cost sanitary pads to the women. This movie is based on real life story of Lakshmikant Chauhan referred to as Padman.
- Boss– Boss was released in 2013 and gives amazing entertainment to the viewers. In this movie, Akshay Kumar is a Hariyanvi Don doing things that dons do but for the good. Actually, he was abandoned by his father in childhood and undergone charges of murder. This movie has earned 134.3 crore Indian Rupees.
- Gabbar– Gabbar is a very inspirational movie of Akshay Kumar. In this movie, Gabbar played by Akshay Kumar, worked as a musketeer for the public who kidnaps and kills corrupt government servicemen. He wants a clear system in which no one will ever trap by the corruption for what they deserve.
- Entertainment- Entertainment is a total comedy movie in which is centered on a dog named Entertainment. The dog is Akshay Kumar’s brother in this movie as his father adopted the dog and made him a millionaire. This movie has earned 103 crore rupees on the box office.
These are some of the 100 crore movies of Akshay Kumar. In order to download and watch them in your leisure time you can opt for the Vidmate app. This is the best among the lot. Akshay Kumar is a versatile actor and every single movie entertains us a lot. If you are also a big fan of Akshay Kumar and love to watch his movies then you must watch every movie. These 100 club movies definitely will entertain you and your family. Known as Khiladi of Bollywood, Akshay Kumar is also coming with his 2 more movies, one is Laxmibomb and the second is Suryavanshi in 2020. As his fan base is too much, we will see both movies crossing 100+ crore.