Moving can be a daunting task, especially if you are not well-versed with it and have no help. Out of all the things that you have to do, one of the most important ones is getting your address changed with your local Post Office.
Why You Should Get Your Address Changed
This should not even be a question. Many people do not consider getting their address changed an important task, and put it on hold until it’s absolutely necessary. However, what they do not realize is that not getting your address changed is a legal crime for which you can also go to jail.
Not only this but not getting your address changed means that all your mail, including important ones such as credit card bills and insurance policy statements, will not be able to reach you which means you will not be able to pay your bills. Consequently, you may be charged a late fee and may even go to jail if you do not pay for a long time.
For these reasons, it is essential that you get your address changed with your local Post Office, as all your mail is delivered through them.
Ways To Get Your Address Changed
Here are the ways you can get your address updated with the Post Office:
This method involves visiting your local post office, where you will find a PS Form 3575 which is the change of address form. The form is available free of cost. You can fill it up there and then, or if you are short on time then you can take it home, fill it out and submit it later. You will also have to attach the required documents (a list is given in the form).
Upon the successful submission and approval of your request, you will receive 3 letters from the USPS. These include:
- Move Validation Letter, delivered at your old address
- Confirmation of Permanent Change Letter, delivered at your new address
- A Welcome Kit, delivered at your new address that includes vouchers and exciting offers relating to your new town
The USPS also offers an online service, whereby you can get your address updated in their records through their website. Here is how it works:
- Open the USPS official website on your laptop or computer.
- Create your United Post Forward Online account through the sign-up option.
- Click on the “move” tab and fill out the form given there. The form will require information about your type of move, moving dates, and your old and new delivery address.
- After filling the form, you will receive a confirmation email and you will be required to pay a standard fee of $1.05 through your credit card for identity verification purposes.
Although it is fairly easy to get your address changed with the USPS, at times, you might not be able to manage it. This is particularly true for those who have a hectic work schedule or cannot leave the office during work hours. Moreover, it can also be difficult if you cannot visit the office due to some illness and you’re not tech-savvy either.
But worry not, because the United Post Forward Online service is here to help. From filling up the form to successfully getting your address changed, they will do everything on your behalf. Here are some of the benefits of using the United Post Forward Online Service:
- They charge a small fee, so you do not have to worry about spending thousands of dollars on this service.
- No matter if you want to change your address permanently or temporarily, the company is here to guide you through the complete process.
- The best part? Their representatives are available 24/7, so you do not have to worry about contacting them during particular hours.
The service is not only fast and efficient, but there are no safety concerns either so if you’re looking for someone to assist you in the process, the United Post Forward Online is the best option.