Sandalwood oil is an essential ingredient in beauty products around the world because it is extracted from the Santalum album tree. In fact, most of us have grown up hearing our grandmothers rave about sandalwood paste and oil for their skin, especially if they have dry skin.
But did you know that the uses of sandalwood go beyond just reversing your skin tan? Here are some sandalwood benefits for skin that you will love.
1. Sandalwood for wrinkle-free skin
Production of free radicals contributes heavily towards wrinkles which is a common sign of ageing. If you lead a less healthier lifestyle, the formation of free radicals also occurs amongst younger individuals. Sandalwood is a great source of antioxidants which makes it effective to use when combating fine lines and wrinkles.
- Take a large bowl of hot water and add one to two drops of sandalwood oil to it
- Take a steam of the water by resting your face over it and covering it up with a towel.
- Doing this daily or weekly will enhance your skin’s glow and reduce your face wrinkles over time.
2. Sandalwood to treat acne
Regular use of sandalwood oil or powder balances the excess oil creation of the skin and nourishes it from within. This in turn reduces the acne causing germs from clogging the pores. Being antimicrobial, it is also effective against fungal infections.
To make an anti-acne mask, follow these simple steps:
- Add turmeric powder to a bowl
- Add a few drops of sandalwood oil to the turmeric powder
- Mix it into a paste and apply it to your face
- Leave it overnight
- Use lukewarm water to wash it off in the morning.
3. Sandalwood powder for tan removal
Exposure to excess heat results in tan this results in production of extra melanin. Sandalwood is loaded with melanin- producing enzymes which prevents tans and unwanted pigmentations.
- Add two to three tablespoons of sandalwood powder to a bowl
- Add two tablespoon of honey, lemon juice, and curd to the sandalwood powder
- Mix to make a paste
- Apply the paste in desired areas of your body and leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
4. Sandalwood Oil for Dry Skin
A rich source of phytochemicals and santalol, sandalwood oil contains more than 200 constituents and is useful for skin care, especially for dry, itchy skin.
- Add sandalwood powder and yoghurt in a bowl
- Mix both the ingredients to get a paste-like consistency
- Apply it to the face and wash it off after 10-15 minutes to get relief from dry skin
5. Sandalwood for wound healing
In addition to healing wounds thanks to its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, Sandalwood oil also operates as a cooling agent against burning and pain caused by wounds.
If you are looking to add sandalwood in your everyday skincare, you should invest in Coco Soul’s natural body lotion.
- Powered with the benefits of shea butter, Virgin King Coconut Oil, Sandalwood, Welmi and other ayurvedic herbs Coco Soul’s products are infused with the goodness of Ayurveda.
- Virgin King Coconut oil promotes cellular repair and penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin to restore lost moisture and repairs dry & damaged skin
- Sandalwood has emollient properties. It also aids in minimising age spots and reverses sun damage
- Welmi, loaded with Vitamin C makes the skin radiant
- Made Safe Certified | 100 % Vegan